Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

How to Immigrate Your Spouse to the United States

An Immigrant also known as a “lawful permanent resident” is a person whom was born in a country other than the one that they are trying to immigrate to who has been given the right to live and work permanently in that country. There are many hoops to jump through if you are a American citizen and you would like your spouse to become a lawful permanent resident.

It can be a very trying time being away from your spouse while they are trying to immigrate to the United States. If you have the money it is always nice to hire a knowledgeable immigration lawyer who knows the process well. The services of a person like this can be invaluable to you. The process of immigrating can be very complicated and time consuming if you do not know what you are doing or have some one on the payroll who knows what they are doing. If you are planning on completing the process of immigrating your spouse on your own here is a brief overview of the requirements and the process for spousal immigration.

To be eligible for immigrating your spouse to the United States of America you must be a US citizen yourself. Not only must you be a citizen but you must also be able to support your spouse or you spouse and children at or above 125% of the poverty level.

If your family lives in the United State like your Mother, Father or Brother and they are petitioning to have you immigrated to the united states you do not need to fill out a separate petition for your spouse or children.

Also if you were married before you were naturalized as US citizen you may not have to petition for a second immigration. Your wife may receive an immigrant visa number almost immediately.

In order to complete the immigration process for your spouse here are the main steps you must follow. You, a family member or an employer must complete an immigration petition and have it approved by the (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) USCIS for immigration and usually have it filed by an employer or relative who is in the United States. The US immigration department must give you a immigration visa number. You must receive a number even if you already live in the United States. If you do already live in the United States then your process is slightly different and you must apply to adjust your immigration status to permanent resident status.

That’s all there is to it. You really just need to know all of the correct forms to fill out and all the right places to send them too and you are on your way. Just stick to the process and get it moving right away. The longer you wait to get started the longer it will be until you see your wife and family. I wish you luck on your endeavor.

From Source

1154 Total Views 2 Views Today

Other Related Posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved