The fifth employment based visa is one investment visa to USA option according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. The fifth employment based visa preference category, created by Congress in 1990, is available to immigrants seeking to enter the United States in order to invest in new commercial enterprises. The new enterprises must benefit the US economy and create at least ten full-time jobs. There are two ways to invest which you may use within the EB-5 category and the first is creating a new commercial enterprise the second is investing in a troubled business. (and YES residential property is acceptable)
Ian Clark has an informative article regarding the purchase of international real estate. Ian Clark can be found in Ezine articles also.
A Certified International Property Specialist or International Real Estate Federation Member along with team can help you understand how the investment visa program works. What is a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) and International Real Estate Federation Member (FIABIC)? “A CIPS or FIABCI credentialed Realtor is most often a member of the National Association of Realtors (i.e. internationally trained estate agent) who has participated in a series of courses focusing on critical aspects of a transnational real estate transactions” These aspects included the following;
currency and exchange rate issues, capital flows, government regulations, cross cultural relationships, final move preparation, regional market conditions, investment performance, and tax issues.
Top 10 Reasons to use a CIPS of FIABCI designee:
1. Educated to help foreign nationals purchase properties in the USA
2. Educated to help purchase property outside the USA
3. Understands how currency and exchange rates impact property transactions
4. Understands how capital flows effect foreign purchases
5. Understands how to research different government regulations impacting transnational real estate transactions
6. Educated in cross cultural relationships
7. Knowledgeable of move preparations for foreign transactions
8. Understands regional and local market trends for investment analysis
9. Provides investment performance guidance
10. Provides research and guidance in seeking best tax applications for transactions