Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About How To Apply For US Visa In China

John asks…

**Do I apply as International Student??!!?

This is really important!!!

Me: Born in China,
but have CANADIAN citizenship
right now, im living in Massachusetts, USA
17 years old (i have a td visa, dependant)

If im going to apply to USA schools such as Boston College, Babson, etc..

Do I apply as an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT???????

Please help!!

Best Answer:

You need to apply as an international student, because you have Canadian citizenship, not US citizenship, and you’re in the US on a dependent visa – you’re not here as a permanent resident.

However, if you apply to UMass Amherst, which is public, speak to them directly. With your dependent visa and Massachusetts residency, you may qualify for in-state tuition. It’s certainly worth asking about!

I’d also strongly advise you to have a look at some Canadian unis, because you are a Canadian citizen. As a Canadian citizen, you will qualify for the lower, citizen rate on tuition. Some really good schools in Canada – comparable to BC and Babson and etc. – and which aren’t far from Massachusetts include McGill, in Montreal, and U Toronto – although Toronto is further. But McGill really isn’t horribly far. We used to drive up to Montreal routinely, and there are also express buses and trains from Boston to Montreal.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1149 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved