Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About Requirements For US Visa Application Philippines

Mandy asks…

How to petition a girlfriend from the Philippines? I’m a US Citizen?

I’m a Filipino US citizen and am planning on bringing my girlfriend from the Philippines to America to get married. How do I go about doing so? Should I go to the Philippines first and get married there and then petition her as a spouse? Do I propose first and petition her as a fiancé? Or what?

Best Answer:

You can apply for her to get a finance visa. That will allow her to enter the US, you then have 90 days to get married. You can then apply to have her status adjusted to permanent resident.


If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

You (the petitioner) are a U.S. Citizen.
You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.
After the Fiancé(e) Visa is Issued

Once issued, the fiancé(e) visa (or K-1 nonimmigrant visa) allows your fiancé(e) to enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place. Once you marry, your spouse may apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while USCIS processes the application. For additional information, see the “Green Card” section.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1286 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved