Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About Requirements For US Visa Interview

Maria asks…

what are the Requirements for E2 visa consulate interview?

I just got married to an E2 visa holder, we both live in the US and my visa expires in 4 months, thus I am planning on changing my status to E2 dependant, my question is, Does he need to be present at the interview? other than the marriage certificate is there a need for more documents? lastly, Can i go to any consulate in Mexico or Canada OR do i need to go to a consulate in the country where He is from (Germany)
thank you for all your help

Best Answer:

If you are in the U.S., there is no way that you can obtain a new visa in the E-2 classification, and you don’t need to do so. What you need to do is submit a form I-539 to CIS requesting a change of status from the nonimmigrant status you are in now to the E-2 classification.

There is no face-to-face interview. You submit the I-539, your I-94, your marriage certificate and the fee to CIS. If they approve the application, you will be an E-2 dependent.

If you leave the U.S. And want to come back as an E-2, it would be at that point where you would need a new E-2 visa, but not before.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1036 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved