Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About Spouse Of US Citizen Adjustment Of Status

Michael asks…

Canadian overstayed in USA – Adjustment of Status?

A Canadian citizen can stay in USA for 6 months (180 days). Let’s say if a Canadian citizen goes to USA and stays there for a year. Now, he/she has broken some laws and are now in the USA illegally. Can he/she apply for adjustment of status and become a permanent resident of the United States? Also, can someone please explain “Section 245i and Section 245a” act to me? Thank you.

Best Answer:

If the person is the spouse of a US citizen he/she may apply for adjustment of status regardless of the violation. However, it could be denied. 245i is rather involved but would not be applicable in the given situation.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

896 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved