Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About United States Visa Application Online

Thomas asks…

Connecting Flights – VISA?

My fiancé who is Brazilian and I will be travelling to Brazil soon. If taking a connecting flight via the US without the need for entry and without the need to leave the airport, is there a need for a VISA or any other supporting documentation? Is there anything else we should be aware of?…. thanks.

Best Answer:

The United States have stopped the transit without visa concession after 9/11. Everybody who needs a visa to visit the United States also needs to get one for an airport transit. As Brazilian citizen your fiancé needs to apply for a C1 transit visa, processing fee US$160.

Whether you need a visa depends on your unknown nationality. Only citizens of Bermuda, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Palau do not need a visa. Citizen of 37 countries can also transit without visa based on the Visa Waiver Program. They need an online travel authorization (ESTA) which must be applied for prior to travel. Countries that participate on the Visa Waiver Program are: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic¹, Denmark, Estonia¹, Finland, France, Germany, Greece¹, Hungary¹, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia¹, Liechtenstein, Lithuania¹, Luxembourg, Malta¹, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia¹, Slovenia, South Korea¹, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan¹, United Kingdom [¹ = e-passport required]
ESTA application: ..

All others need to get a C1 visa prior to travel to the U.S. In order to change airplanes.
Http://… ..

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1212 Total Views 4 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved