how long can you stay in the US if you are from the Bahamas without a visa?
Citizen of countries which are exempt from the visa requirement may stay in the United States, based upon the discretion of an Immigration Officer, for up to 180 days. It is important to note that this visa exemption is different from the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.
Citizen of the Bahamas are exempt from the U.S. Visa requirement provided they:
• are traveling on a flight that will pre-clear U.S. Customs and immigration formalities at either of the two U.S. Pre-clearance stations in Nassau or Freeport (note – Bahamians traveling on to another country and expecting to transit the United States on their return will need a visa);
• are in possession of a valid, unexpired passport or a Bahamian Travel Document listing Nationality as Bahamian;
• are traveling for business or pleasure (tourism, visiting relatives, shopping, etc.) purposes for a short duration;
• have no criminal record nor any legal ineligibility or inadmissibility as defined by U.S. Immigration Law; http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html#Ineligibilities ..
• are in possession of a police certificate issued within the past six months (applies to all persons 14 years of age and older)
Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)