Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Citizen Child Visa

Lizzie asks…

Is there any possibility for the parent of a 14-yr-old US citizen child to obtain visa in the U.S.A?

I am a Japanese citizen currently living in Japan, the father a 14-year-old American citizen child. I recently had a job offer from a company in the U.S. The hiring person had thought by mistake I was an American citizen or a green card holder before the interview. I had some 30-minute discussion with this person, and later he said his company could not support me for my visa, but they could support me if I obtained by myself another kind of visa besides H1B in the first place. I was advised to consult a lawyer if there is any possible way I could have a visa to work in the U.S.A. with the fact that I am the father of a U.S. citizen child.

Did anyone hear about that sort of thing for a person who was provided with a visa to work in USA because he/she is the parent of a U.S. citizen child? Is there such an opportunity to make it?

As far as I know, such a child must be 21 years old or older in order to be a sponsor for parents. That should be still written on the official government website. I am an IT specialist and I have had 2 job offers from Japanese companies in the U.S.A. for the past couple of months.

Best Answer:

Your 14 yo citizen son cannot help you until he is 21 ..then he can file for you to enter the US

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1072 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved