I want apply for marriage visa can my fiance in England prepare the application form?
I want to apply for marriage visa for the UK. Can my fiance in England prepare the application form send it to me and i bring it in to the UK embassy in America? Also what is a direct number in which i can reach the embassy for appointments? Thank you and as much info and experience would greatly help…Accurate info please.
I want to get married in the UK to my Fiance who is British and in the UK.
Marriage visa = you go to the UK, get married then return home.
Fiance visa = you go to the UK, get married, then stay and settle there.
Which one is it?
In the USA, YOU are the applicant. YOU have to apply online, from inside the US. (You fiance cannot apply online for you from inside the UK) You do not make an appointment. Okay this is how it goes.
1) Make sure you have all your documents before you start this process, because once you start you won’t have time to wait for him to send you documents you need. (Link will be provided giving you details as to what documents you need)
2) Go to http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/applyonline… to apply online. In the USA all settlement visa’s (fiance and spousal) are only accepted online.
3) Once you have finished your online application, then print out the application. (Instructions will be given on when and how to do this)
4) Make your biometrics appointment as part of the application process.
5) Go to biometrics appointment.
6) After biometrics appointment, send in application you printed off, biometric information packet, and all documents to the British consulate that handles your state.
7) You may or may not be required to undergo an interview. If you are most of the time they can do a phone interview.
Processing times right now are between 8-12 weeks. No way to speed this process up. So be patient.
2 requirements you MUST have in order to get a marriage/fiance visa. BOTH of you MUST be 21 or older.
You MUST have proof of actually meeting in person. (pictures are usually the best way)
You cannot call and make an appointment. Days of being able to just walk in with application in hand are long over.
Here is the link I said I would provide. If you need any further help or advice, email or IM me. (just click on my photo to go to my profile page..then click either email or IM me.)
Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)