Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiance Visa Application Form

Susan asks…

Will our fiance visa get denied?

I am Vietnamese and my husband is American. We applied for fiancee visa last year but we just got married this year because we have a child together. In the eyes of Vietnamese government we are married. But I wonder in the eyes of American government if we are married or my husband is still single, unless he lets them know that we’re married? Also will it affect my fiancee visa case?

Best Answer:

If the Vietnamese Government says you are married, the US government agrees.

A married couple is NOT eligible for a Fiancee Visa.

You should contact whichever department is currently handling the case USCIS or NVC or US consulate, and advise that you are withdrawing the application.

Then apply for spouse visa.

In order to join your new American husband in the USA and for you to remain here permanently your husband must apply for a spouse visa for you.

He applies for a CR-1 spousal visa for you. The spouse CR1 visa gives you permission to come to the USA and live and work here permanently.

I have recorded a video “What is the CR1 visa” at

Spouse visas take 12 to 14 months.

The CR-1 Spousal Visa Process is as follows:

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship followed by a legal marriage.

Your Husband is a US citizen.

He earns over $19,388 each year..

You are able to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.


Once married HE applies for the visa, to USCIS Homeland Security. This is called
form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

Then about 5 to 6 months later USCIS approves
Then Department of State’s National Visa Center, NVC, will contacts him for additional
application fees, and for you to submit to them a ‘mini petition’ with your original civil documents.

Once NVC has completed their processing, about 4 to 8 months later, they pass the case to
the embassy nearest you. Then you are asked to attend an interview ( 3 to 5 months later) and the visa is granted or denied.

If granted, you can begin your travel to the USA. Your green card is already approved, you should get it in the mail a few months later after
arriving in the USA.


$420 Application Fee to USCIS
$80 Adjustment of Status Fee to NVC
$230 Visa Application Fee to NVC
$200 Medical

Best of luck

Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1655 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved