Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiance Visa Form

Mary asks…

I am US citizen and my fiance is Uk passport holder do i have to fill visa form for bringing her to U.S.A?

Best Answer:

Depends on your plans.

If just to have a short holiday (under 90 days) in the USA, she won’t need a visa.

If you plan to settle together and live permanently in the USA, then YES a visa is needed.

The quickest visa for this purpose is the K1 Fiance Visa, she arrives single, you marry, she
is eligible for Green Card and remains permanently.

Here is how the K1 Visa process works:

What you should apply for is called a Fiancee or K1 visa. Once approved your foreign Fiancee will be allowed to LEGALLY enter the USA for the purpose of marrying you,
then permanently remaining in the USA.

I recorded a video “What is the K1 visa” at

To summarize.

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship and you both intend to get married.

Then check that you both meet the eligibility requirements: You are a US citizen. You both are currently ‘free to marry’. You earn over $15,510 annual income. You have met each other ‘face to face’ at least once, during the past two years.

You will have to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.

You should make sure that you build from the start a solid ‘paper trail’ of the communications of your relationship. This means itemized telephone records, emails, instant messages, voip calls, snail mail, packages. If you use prepaid telephone cards make sure yours gives you an itemized call list or find a different card to use..

When traveling to visit your fiancee, take plenty of photos, vary the shots, locations, wardrobes. Meet her family, and friends. Document with photos. Turn date stamping on.

Don’t move too quickly. Couples who instantly fall in love and get engaged or married may be suspected of fraud. Go slowly, build your relationship.

Once your relationship gets serious, don’t let too much time elapse between trips to meet each other “Face to Face”. The longer the separation, the more suspect the relationship is. I recommend travel to meet with your Fiance at least every 6 to 9 months.

Once your relationship has progressed, you have made 1 or more trips, and you have abundant proof of your relationship. Then You apply for the visa, to USCIS, Homeland Security.

Then about 6 to 8 months later she will be asked to come to the US embassy for her interview. If all goes well she will be granted your visa, come to the USA and you can then marry.

Once you marry, she applies for his Green Card and then can remain together with you permanently in the USA.


$340 Fiancee visa filing fee, when You originally apply to USCIS
$200 medical exam fee, just prior to her interview
$240 Visa application fee, just prior to her interview


Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1309 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved