Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiance Visa Income Requirement

Mark asks…

I am from srilanka. I want to marry my girlfriend in US.?

can i marry her in US and stay with her in US ? we have 6 months relationship. How can i marry her ? Can i go to US with visit visa and marry her ? what is fiance visa ?

Best Answer:

Here is how the process works:

What your American Fiancee is appling for is called a Fiancee or K1 visa. Once approved you will be allowed to LEGALLY enter the USA for the purpose of marrying her, then permanently remaining in the USA.

There are a lot of details involved. I have recorded a series of videos that explain the

To summarize.

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship and you both intend to get married.

Then check that you both meet the eligibility requirements: She is a US citizen. You both are currently ‘free to marry’. She earns over $15,130 annual income. You have met each other ‘face to face’ at least once, during the past two years.

You will have to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.

You should make sure that you build from the start a solid ‘paper trail’ of the communications of your relationship. This means itemized telephone records, emails, instant messages, voip calls, snail mail, packages. If you use prepaid telephone cards make sure yours gives you an itemized call list or find a different card to use..

When meeting ‘face to face’, take plenty of photos, vary the shots, locations, wardrobes. Meet with family, and friends. Document with photos. Turn date stamping on.

Don’t move too quickly. Couples who instantly fall in love and get engaged or married may be suspected of fraud. Go slowly, build your relationship.

Once your relationship gets serious, don’t let too much time elapse between trips to meet each other “Face to Face”. The longer the separation, the more suspect the relationship is. I recommend ‘face to face’ meetings, at least every 6 to 9 months.

Once your relationship has progressed, there have been 1 or more ‘face to face’ trips, and there is abundant proof of your relationship. Then SHE applies for the visa, to USCIS, Homeland Security.

Then about 6 to 8 months later you will be asked to come to the US embassy for your interview. If all goes well you will be granted your visa, come to the USA and you can then marry.

Once you marry, you apply for your Green Card and then remain together permanently in the USA.


$340 Fiancee visa filing fee, when She originally applies to USCIS
$200 medical exam fee, just prior to your interview
$240 Visa application fee, just prior to your interview


Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1367 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved