Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiance Visa Income Requirements

Donna asks…

What would my Nigerian fiancé, need to acquire before we marry here in the US?

Best Answer:

If he is in Nigeria, YOU have to file a K-1 fiancé visa with USCIS for him to be able to come to the US and get married. The process takes about 6-9 months to process and h cannot come to the US until this is approved. The process is the same no matter what country he is from. The US citizen needs to file the visa and meet the minimum income requirements or have a family member with money co-sponsor the application. Once the visa is granted he has 90 days to marry you in the US, then you adjust his status to a spouse visa and apply for his conditional green card. He can start working once he receives this several weeks after filing.

If he is already legally in the US on a valid visa then you check your county courthouse for requirements (marriage license, blood test, what is accepted as proof of ID), get married, then file a CR1 to adjust his status to a spouse visa

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1316 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved