Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiance Visa Process

Laura asks…

USA Fiance visa process?

What’s the process and how long does it take?

And please be clear weather it’s business days or regular days…?

Best Answer:

Here is how the process works:

What you should apply for is called a Fiancee or K1 visa. Once approved your foreign Fiancee will be allowed to LEGALLY enter the USA for the purpose of marrying you,
then permanently remaining in the USA.

There are a lot of details involved. I have recorded a series of videos that explain the

To summarize.

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship and you both intend to get married.

Then check that you both meet the eligibility requirements: You are a US citizen. You both are currently ‘free to marry’. You earn over $15,130 annual income. You have met each other ‘face to face’ at least once, during the past two years.

You will have to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.

You should make sure that you build from the start a solid ‘paper trail’ of the communications of your relationship. This means itemized telephone records, emails, instant messages, voip calls, snail mail, packages. If you use prepaid telephone cards make sure yours gives you an itemized call list or find a different card to use..

When traveling to visit your fiancee, take plenty of photos, vary the shots, locations, wardrobes. Meet her family, and friends. Document with photos. Turn date stamping on.

Don’t move too quickly. Couples who instantly fall in love and get engaged or married may be suspected of fraud. Go slowly, build your relationship.

Once your relationship gets serious, don’t let too much time elapse between trips to meet each other “Face to Face”. The longer the separation, the more suspect the relationship is. I recommend travel to meet with your Fiance at least every 6 to 9 months.

Once your relationship has progressed, you have made 1 or more trips, and you have abundant proof of your relationship. Then You apply for the visa, to USCIS, Homeland Security.

Then about 6 to 8 months later she will be asked to come to the US embassy for her interview. If all goes well she will be granted your visa, come to the USA and you can then marry.

Once you marry, she applies for his Green Card and then can remain together with you permanently in the USA.


$340 Fiancee visa filing fee, when You originally apply to USCIS
$200 medical exam fee, just prior to her interview
$240 Visa application fee, just prior to her interview


Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1396 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved