Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Fiancee Visa

Laura asks…

What are the specific steps to obtain a fiancee visa and makin your spouse a US resident&eventually a citizen?

What are the specific steps towards filing for a US Fiancee Visa? How long does each step take? When your foreign fiancee comes to the US to marry can she go back after filing for permanent residency and a work permit or does she have to stay in the US until she gets her green card and work permit? After marriahe how long can it take to get her green card and work permit? Can she obtain a temporary work permit while waiting for her permanent one with her green card? How much can all this cost?

Thank you for your time and effort, I’m just really confused

Best Answer:

Here is how the process works:

What you should apply for is called a Fiancee or K1 visa. Once approved your Fiancee is allowed to enter the USA for the purpose of marrying you.

There are a lot of details involved. I have recorded a series of three videos that explain the

To summarize.

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship with the gf and you plan to get married.

Then check that you both meet the eligibility requirements: You are a US citizen. You both are currently ‘free to marry’. You earn over $18,400. You have met each other ‘face to face’ at least once, during the past two years.

You will have to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.

See my youtube on ‘proving your genuine relationship’

You should make sure that you build from the start a solid ‘paper trail’ of the communications of your relationship. This means itemized telephone records, emails, instant messages, voip calls, snail mail, packages. If you use prepaid cards make sure yours gives you an itemized call list.

When traveling to visit your fiancee, take plenty of photos, vary the shots, locations, wardrobes. Meet her family, and friends. Document with photos. Turn date stamping on.

See my youtube video on what photos to take:

Don’t move too quickly. Couples who instantly fall in love and get engaged or married may be suspected of fraud. Go slowly, build your relationship.

Once your relationship gets serious, don’t let too much time elapse between trips. The longer the separation, the more suspect the relationship is. I recommend travel to meet with your Fiancee every 6 to 9 months.

Once your relationship has progressed, you have made 1 or more trips, and you have abundant proof of your relationship. Then you apply for the visa, to USCIS Homeland Security.

After you submit your paperwork, 5 to 7 months later your Fiancee will be asked to come to the US embassy in her country to have her interview. If all goes well she is granted her visa, comes to the USA and you can marry.

She has 6 months to begin her trip to the USA. After she arrives in the USA she must marry you within 90 days or leave the USA.

Once you marry, she applies for her Green Card and can remain with you.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1264 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved