Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US K1 Visa Case Status

Ken asks…

I entered US with K1 visa and married with US citizen. what di i need to do to change my status?

Best Answer:

Here are the instructions for you spouse to get PR for you.

A U.S. Citizen who wishes to marry a non-U.S. Citizen or permanent resident can help their fiance(e) obtain permanent residence in different ways.

One way is to apply for a fiance(e) visa if your fiance(e) is overseas and you want to marry in the United States. This visa lets your fiance(e) enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place in the United States. Once you marry, your spouse can apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while we process the application. If you choose this method, file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e). An I-129F is available in the “forms” section of our website at If we approve the I-129F, we will send it to the National Visa Center, which will process and forward it to the U.S. Embassy or consulate nearest your fiance(e)’s foreign place of residence. The embassy or consulate will then invite him or her to apply for the actual fiance(e) visa.

Another way is to marry your fiance(e) overseas. If you marry overseas, you can then file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your new spouse.

If your fiance(e) is already in the United States in another legal immigration status and you want to marry in the United States, please see customer guide A1 about filing an I-130 relative petition after you marry.

In your case it is Form I-129F.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1377 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved