Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US K1 Visa Medical Requirements

Robert asks…

Medical Exam to Immigration?

I’ve posted a similar question to this before, but it was in trying to ascertain how it is I can live with my fiance in the US.

I was told he had to fill out a certain form, and that in due time once it has been petitioned that I would receive a letter informing me of an Interview with the US Embassy in London.

I am very confused about this, however; as I’ve also been informed that I require a medical examination.

I am wondering how long it will take before I am required to attend a medical exam appointment, and where it will be. And once that is done, what the expected time will be for my Interview within the US Embassy?

Best Answer:

The interview will be held in London at the US Embassy.

A few weeks before the interview you have the medical, this is at one of two clinics, in London, appointed by the embassy.

Here is how the process works:

What your American Fiance is applying for is called a Fiancee or K1 visa.

I produced a video “How to Bring Your Fiance to the USA”

Once approved you will be allowed to LEGALLY enter the USA for the purpose of marrying him, then permanently remaining in the USA.

There are a lot of details involved.

To summarize.

First of all you have a real courtship and relationship and you both intend to get married.

Then check that you both meet the eligibility requirements: He is a US citizen. You both are currently ‘free to marry’. He earns over $15,510 annual income. You have met each other ‘face to face’ at least once, during the past two years.

You will have to ‘prove’ that you have a real, genuine, ‘bone fide’ relationship. You do this by presenting copies of correspondences, photos, letters, plane tickets, etc.

You should make sure that you build from the start a solid ‘paper trail’ of the communications of your relationship. This means itemized telephone records, emails, instant messages, voip calls, snail mail, packages. If you use prepaid telephone cards make sure yours gives you an itemized call list or find a different card to use..

When meeting ‘face to face’, take plenty of photos, vary the shots, locations, wardrobes. Meet with family, and friends. Document with photos. Turn date stamping on.

Don’t move too quickly. Couples who instantly fall in love and get engaged or married may be suspected of fraud. Go slowly, build your relationship.

Once your relationship gets serious, don’t let too much time elapse between trips to meet each other “Face to Face”. The longer the separation, the more suspect the relationship is. I recommend ‘face to face’ meetings, at least every 6 to 9 months.

Once your relationship has progressed, there have been 1 or more ‘face to face’ trips, and there is abundant proof of your relationship. Then HE applies for the visa, to USCIS, Homeland Security.

Then about 6 to 8 months later you will be asked to come to the US embassy for your interview. If all goes well you will be granted your visa, come to the USA and you can then marry.

Once you marry, you apply for your Green Card and then remain together permanently in the USA.


$340 Fiancee visa filing fee, when he originally applies to USCIS
$200 medical exam fee, just prior to your interview
$240 Visa application fee, just prior to your interview


Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1816 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved