Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US K1 Visa Status

Mary asks…

My K1 fiance visa is exp on march 3 2009 but my PR interview is on april 2, do i have to extend my visa?

I entered to the US with K1 visa, then married in the US. So now i already have SSN and my permanent Resident application is being processed. But I’ve just noticed that my fiance visa is expired before I have my permanent resident interview. Should I go to the US immigrant service to extend my visa? Or there is some other paper work I should have?

Best Answer:

No, you don’t need to extend it. A K1 visa is a single use visa. The date on the visa is the validity period of the visa. It allowed you to enter the US once up to that date. The visa expired the moment you entered the US.

Once you submitted I-485 for your adjustment of status application your status changed from K-1 Holder to “Adjustment Applicant Pending Decision by Attorney General”. Ignore any dates that are on the K1. As long as you entered the country before the visa expired, and you got married within 90 days of entering the country and subsequently filed for an adjustment of status, you don’t need to do anything else. Just wait for your interview to come around.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1556 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved