Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US K1 Visa Status

Mark asks…

Can a Canadian Citizen, going to the US on K1 Fiance Visa leave US during a status change?

I am a Canadian Citizen leaving to marry my Fiancé in the US on K1 visa. Can I leave the US after marriage during my status change?? I did hear about an advance parole form but that takes about 3 months. Will a planned trip for our honeymoon to the Bahamas in December go to waste??

Best Answer:

After you get married, you apply for adjustment of status. At same time you request Advance Parole. AP takes about 2 months to be granted.

Between the time of your entry to the USA on the K1 and the arrival of your AP, you DO NOT LEAVE THE USA.

See how to bring Canadian Fiance to USA


Fred Wahl

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1317 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved