Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Student Visa Work

Susan asks…

How to extend US F1 visa (student visa)?

Hi, I’m currently living in US on F1 visa (student on OPT) however, I do not work at the moment. My visa expired in about 1 1/2 months and I need to get in extended because I haven’t got the chace to travel or see my relatives who are living in this country. I need to get my visa extended but I don’t know how. Can anyone please help me??? thanks.

Best Answer:

To extend “F-1” student non-immigrant you need to file Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status and pay $300.

Where to File :

Form I-539 is generally filed with either the California Service Center or the Vermont Service Center.
California Service Center filings cover the following states:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, Guam, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OH, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI or WY.

The mailing address for the California Service Center is:

USCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10539
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1053

Vermont Service Center filing covers the following states:
AL, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, PA, Puerto Rico, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands, WV and the District of Columbia.

The address for Vermont Service Center filings is:

USCIS Vermont Service Center
ATTN: I-539
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479
For limited exceptions, please review Form I-539 filing instructions.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1050 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved