Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Visa Extension Form

Lisa asks…

visa extension processing?

i have US tourist visa (B2) and i am authorized to stay until the 30th of dec. im planning to apply for another 6mos. extension. isnt it too late? ive read that i can apply as long as the authorized date isn’t over but i’m confused that the processing might take months. please help.

Best Answer:

It is recommended that you apply 45 days in advance. You can apply before your I-94 expires, and if your application and fee are accepted, you will receive an answer to your application. It could take several months before you get an answer.

You cannot anticipate a favorable decision although applications for extensions of stay are granted every day of the week. Your application will be adjudicated on its own merits.

You need to submit a signed and completed Form I-539 to the CIS service center office that has jurisdiction over your current residence.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1234 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved