Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Visa Online Application Form Ds 160

Ruth asks…

How do you get a Green card?

I was born in america, but my girlfriend is here in america off a Visa from Korea. She completed all 4 years of high school in america and she needs to renew her visa, but she called em saying she didn’t get her forms mailed in. Horrible service so i called em and they said they were sorry and that it was supposed to be mailed 2 weeks ago. And that they will mail it today. Won’t fax it or send it to US in the e-mail??? has to be old school paper mail…

from what shes saying it takes 8 months to renew a visa???

if she misses the deadline or something she can’t start her fall semester in college.

It pisses me off, she can speak english and she went to high school here for 4 years. She works here, her mother lives here in a house and she has a little brother and a cousin who was also born here.

She just tells me it takes like 8 years to get a green card and that its complicated and to not worry about it. . .

and its not like were going to get married anytime soon… so thats not an option right now lol.
really?? last year she had to go back to korea to get her visa because she couldn’t renew it. But other than that i don’t remeber her going back to korea. . .


Best Answer:

Firstly, One has to come to the US Legally. The fact that your girlfriend has a visa means she is here legally. To continue to stay in the US if you do not want to be illegal one has to apply for an extention of that visa. If she has an admission in a university she has to change what ever visa she has right now to a student visa. Your girlfriend needs to go to a US immigration office and submit a form called the I-20. From what I know even universities will need the immigration clearance before she is giving admission.
Each applicant for a student visa must submit these forms and documentation as explained below:

Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students. You will need to submit a SEVIS generated Form, I-20, which was provided to you by your school.You and your school official must sign the I-20 form. See the previous section for SEVIS information.
Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. Visit our DS-160 webpage to learn more about the DS-160 online process.
A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must complete an application.
One (1) 2×2 photograph. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements;
A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.
All applicants should be prepared to provide:

Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended;
Scores from standardized tests required by the educational institution such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.;
Financial evidence that shows you or your parents who are sponsoring you has sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study. For example, if you or your sponsor is a salaried employee, please bring income tax documents and original bank books and/or statements. If you or your sponsor owns a business, please bring business registration, licenses, etc., and tax documents, as well as original bank books and/or statements.

Green cards are given to people who have lived in this country legally and who have applied for a green card. When her turns comes up she will be informed by immigration and there is a process. Not everyone who comes to the country is entitled to a green card. If her mother is a citizen of this country she can sponser her daughter. If she is illegal she cannot. She may have children that are younger than your girlfriend that were born here and she may have attended high school and speaks english, but that does not mean she is entitled to getting a green card.
So you getting P’d off is not going to change the way things work in the US.
If you are a citizen. You can be the one that can marry her and then you can sponser her for a green card and with a little waiting time she will get one.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

3463 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved