Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Visa Types B1/b2

James asks…

I have a visa type B1/B2 I -94.?

Best Answer:

When you entered the U.S., you were admitted as a B-2 for six months. You have stayed longer than authorized. As the result of your overstay, your nonimmigrant B-1/B-2 visa is automatically void pursuant to section 222(g) of the Act.

Section 222(g) defined. An alien who was admitted to the United States on a nonimmigrant visa and who remained beyond the period of stay authorized by the Attorney General is subject to section 222(g) of the Act. The nonimmigrant visa becomes void at the conclusion of the authorized stay, unless the alien filed an application for extension of stay (E/S) or change of status (C/S) that would otherwise fall within the tolling provisions under section 212(a)(9)(B)(iv) of the Act or be deemed a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General.

You are free to leave the U.S. Without any problem. You will need a new visa to return. You would have to wait in India long enough to become firmly established in that country.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1167 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved