Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Visa Types Wiki

Donald asks…

Can I apply for an H1 visa with a non-US based company?

I’m currently on H1, and am approached by a Spain-based company to open a home office in the US. Can they file an H1 transfer for me? I’ll be the first one based in the US. What are other visa options?
Re: Bork: I am not considering that option.

Best Answer:

The sponsor must be an US company/employer in order to petition H1B. You may be qualified for L1 visa. It applies to intracompany transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. In a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.
L1 visa is similar to H1 visa. Good luck.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

951 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved