Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Visa Waiver Adjustment Of Status

George asks…

Adjust Status entered on Visa Waiver Program?

I recently became a US Citizen. My parents live in the UK and now I would like to apply for their green cards as immediate relatives. I am under the impression that they can come here on the VWP and then apply for adjustment of status to Permanent Residents as my immediate relative. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I have read several posting regarding ICE issuing removal orders for people overstaying on the VWP. I thought, however, that if you have an application filed with USCIS before your 90 days runs out, then you are able to stay until the decision is made. Anyone have a dfinitive answer on this? Thanks – Sarah
Petition is not yet filed. They have a B1/B2 visa already but it runs out at the end of the year. I am not sure how long the B1/B2 needs to be valid for after they enter the US…….. plan on entering end of Sept.

Best Answer:

Entering on VWP with the intent of immigration was never allowed. Follow the right path, you file I-130 for each parents and they will apply immigrant visas once I-130 is approved at US Embassy in London. Currently more and more Adjustment of Status from VWP are getting denied. When that happened it is waste of money and time, because you have to start the process all over again.

Just file Petitions now and in 5-6 months, they will be able to apply immigrant visas.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1103 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved