Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Question About US Work Permit Application Status

Laura asks…

f1 visa status chage?

thanks fred but, marry to a citizen

Best Answer:

If you are here in F-1 status and marry a US citizen, nothing happens automatically – you will still be in F-1 status. Your new spouse will need to file a petition for you (I-130). With that application, you would also submit an application to adjust your status from F-1 to permanent resident (I-485). You can also request a work permit and travel permit to use while you are waiting for your applications to be approved.

Posted From Yahoo! Answers (for informational purposes only)

1182 Total Views 2 Views Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved