Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

Working In Mexico Visa

Getting a job and working in Mexico is can be an exciting and rewarding experience. If you are a native English speaker, you can easily find a job teaching English to Mexican students. You could also find consulting work where you help Mexican companies or entrepreneurs prepare for presentations and business meetings with English speaking clients, customers or partners. While the prospects for finding employment or self-employment in Mexico are pretty good, you will still need to jump over a few hurdles in order to work legally. This article explains about a working in Mexico visa.

Working in Mexico Visa

When you decide to work in Mexico, you need to apply for a visa which gives you permission to work there. It’s similar to the infamous “green card” others need in order to work legally in the United States. There are various types of working in Mexico visas available.

FM-3 Visa

The FM-3 working in Mexico visa allows you to work in Mexico, but it is more temporary than the FM-2 visa. Temporary means that you might spend a year or two in Mexico working, but you are not expected to live in Mexico full time for a longer period of time.

When you are employed by a Mexican company, they will often help you get your FM-3 visa. If your new employer doesn’t help you with the visa application, you can do it by yourself. The process is really rather painless. I caution you against hiring a lawyer to do it for you. Many lawyers charge between $500 and $800 for their services. You can save all that money, plus the actual money you have to pay to Mexico to get the visa by reading my articles and blog posts. I will give you all the information you need to apply for a visa.

Additionally you need to register with the SAT, which is the Mexican version of the Internal Revenue Service. This is also equally painless. There are a few differences between the United States and Mexican tax systems. But you’ll probably be pleasantly surprised when you see them.

FM-2 Visa

The main difference between the FM-2 and FM-3 visas is that after a period of five years, you become a legal resident of Mexico if you have the FM-2. This does not mean that you give up the citizenship of whichever country you originate from. It does mean that you get many benefits that Mexicans receive.

The FM-2 working in Mexico visa comes in a couple of flavors. You can get the renter’s “rentista” visa which allows you to live in Mexico. The disadvantage of this visa, however, is that you cannot work in Mexico. Your money must come from outside of the country. The professional “profesional” visa does let you work in the country and work there. This is the visa that I have. After 5 consecutive years of having the visa, I will be a legal permanent resident of Mexico.

Which working in Mexico visa do I choose?

The answer to that question really depends on your long term goals and desires with Mexico. The five year period to becoming a legal Mexican resident only applies to the FM-2 visa. For example, if you have the FM-3 visa for 2 years, and you convert it to a FM-2 visa, those first two years of FM-3 visa do not count towards the five year period. You have many options for employment, living and working in Mexico visa. If you’d like more information or need help deciding, feel free to contact me.

From Source

1310 Total Views 2 Views Today

Other Related Posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved