Visa Po!

Visas for Filipinos

US Green Card – US Adjustment of Status

The US Green Card – Your Ticket to US Permanent Residence

Adjustment of Status is the process of obtaining legal permanent residence in the United States.  The adjustment application is prepared and filed with the Department of Homeland Security to get issued to you what is known as a ‘US Green Card‘ (see example).  It comes in the form of a 2-year Green Card or 10-year Green Card.  Read below for more details.

When to Apply For Your USUS Green Card US Permenant Residence Adjustment of Status Adjustment of Status Application

You have a certain time limit to apply for your US Adjustment of Status.

For example, if you applied and received your Filipino US Fiancee Visa, you have 90 days to adjust your status after you’ve entered the United States or else your status will change to ‘unlawful’.  That is why they put a 90-Day time limit on you to get married in the US.

Without the proper adjustment to your status, you will not be able to get a social security number, get a state ID card, get a driver’s license, be able to work, or leave the United States until you have properly adjusted your status.  You could be faced with deportation.

Completing the US Adjustment of Status Application and Getting Your US Green Card

A wise decision would be to let US prepare and file all the required documents for your US Adjustment of Status Application.  Being that there is three times as much paperwork as there is for the US Fiancee Visa, we feel it’s a no-brainer to use our service.  We do all the paperwork so all you have to do is simply sign your name.

If you do decide to do this on your own or hire someone less experienced, then you run the risk of your application being incorrectly submitted and if they deny your application, they will issue you a deportation notice and you must pay $550 if you want to appeal the case, so please don’t risk it.

Why US? Because we are experts in preparing the US Adjustment of Status Application for those that came to the US on one of the following visas:

  • A-1, A-2 or A-3 Foreign Government Official or Family Member Visa
  • B1/B2 Tourist Visa Canadian who entered legally with no Visa
  • E-1, E-2 or E-3 Treaty Trader Visa
  • F-1, F-2 or F-3 Student Visa
  • G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4 or G-5 Foreign Government Staff or Family Member Visa
  • H-1, H-2, H-3 or H-4 Employment or Family Member Visa
  • J-1 or J-2 Exchange Visitor not subject to 2 Year Rule
  • K-1 or K-2 Fiancée Visa, Fiancée Child Visa
  • K-3 or K-4 Spousal Visa, Spousal Child Visa
  • L-1 or L-2 Employment Visa
  • M-1, M-2 or M-3 Student Visa
  • O-1, O-2 or O-3 Extraordinary Ability Visa
  • P-1, P-2, P-3 or P-4 Entertainment Visa
  • Q-1 Cultural Exchange Visa
  • R-1 or R-2 Religious Occupation Visa
  • Same Sex Marriage Green Card
  • T-1, T-2, T-3 or T-4 Trafficking Victim Visa
  • TD Dependent of TN Visa Holder
  • TN-1 Professional Work Status from Canada
  • TN-2 Professional Work Visa from Mexico
  • U-1, U-2, U-3 or U-4 Criminal Victim Visa
  • Visa Waiver Program – ESTA

How Long Is The US Green Card Valid?

Having a US Green Card means you will be a permanent US Resident as long as permanent residence is not abandoned through your absence of six (6) months or longer from the US and you keep your card valid.

If you are newly married, your initial US Green Card is conditional and good for only 2 years, then you must apply for a 10-year US Green Card, by submitting a ‘Removal of Conditions Application‘ (see next section).

Removal of Conditions Application for a 10-Year Green Card

An individual who came to the US on a K-1 Fiancee Visa or a CR-1 Spouse Visa received their US Green Card valid for only two (2) years.  When this two-year conditional period ends, the permanent residence status automatically expires and the applicant may be subject to deportation.  To avoid this, 90 days or less before the conditional residence expires, the applicant must file a Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence.  Once approved, the conditional status will be removed and the applicant will receive their new Permanent Resident Card that is valid for 10 years.

How Long Does It Take To Get the Initial Green Card?

Times vary but approximately 6-12 months is the average time needed.

How Much Does the US Adjustment of Status Cost?

For the initial 2-Year Green Card, the adult filing fee is $1070. ($985 application fee plus $85 biometrics fee).  Our processing fee is $600.  So your total would be $1670.

Note: Add an additional $100 per child for our processing fee and if not currently on either a K-1 Fiancee Visa or K-3 Spouse Visa, add an additional $420 for the US government imposed I-130 filing fee.

How Much Does the US Removal of Conditions Cost?

For the 10-Year Green Card, the adult filing fee is $590. ($505 application fee plus $85 biometrics fee).  Our processing fee is $400.  So your total for this would be $990.

You can include children of at no additional charge, however, the US Government will still impose a $85 biometrics fee per child.

Are Dependents Eligible for an Adjustment of Status?

Yes, each child or person that desires permanent residence must file a separate Adjustment of Status Application.  Here are the associated fees…

– Applicants age 14 and over, the fee is $1070
– Applicants under age 14 and filing at same time as parent, the fee is $635
– If applicant is under 14 and not filling at the same time as parent, the fee is $985.

Additional Information About Our Adjustment of Status Service

  • We prepare your Employment Authorization at no extra charge (allows you to get a social security number and work right away).
  • We prepare an Advance Parole (Travel Permit) at no extra charge (This allows you to travel abroad while waiting for your US Green Card).

Do you really want to have the hassle of filing out all those forms yourself?  Let US do it for you for a one-time fee of $600.  Contact US below to get started.

US Visa Processing Contact US

Visa Po! 1994-2014 © All Rights Reserved